Screened rooms are an excellent addition to any home, adding value and usable space for entertaining and dining. You may be renovating an existing screened-in porch or building a new one, but maintenance is essential for your porch. Here are some spring maintenance tips to enhance your screened living space.
Establish A Weekly Cleaning Schedule
Weekly chores are an unavoidable part of life, and with a little extra effort daily, you can keep your screened-in porch looking brand new. Add the following jobs to your weekly chore rotation to make the most of your space:
- Sweep the area with a push broom every few days, and dust all surfaces, including windowsills and ceiling fan blades.
- Every few weeks, mop the floors with the cleaning solution advised for the surface type.
- Clean the lighting fixtures
- Make sure to get rid of any insects
Nothing beats that first warm spring day when you can step out onto your screened porch and begin preparing it for the summer season. While spring cleaning might be exhausting, it doesn’t take much to make a screened-in area look its best:
- Allow screens to air dry after rinsing them with a garden hose
- All walls should be washed and wiped off with water and a light cleanser
- Caulking should be reapplied to keep insects and moisture out
- Remove pollen and grime from all exposed surfaces
- Examine the screen door for dragging and make any necessary repairs
- Deep-clean the floors to eliminate any accumulated dirt, dust, or mildew
Cleaning And Seal Wooden Components
Every screened-in room is unique; if it has wood flooring, you must take extra precautions to maintain it. To extend the life of your wood flooring, reseal them every few years with a high-quality sealant. It would be best to inspect the deck boards for signs of wear or damage, repairing any broken or warped pieces as needed.
Trust Eastern Shore Porch and Patio
When you embark on your next project for your property, trust Eastern Shore Porch and Patio to help. We service Bethany Beach, Ocean City, Lewes, Salisbury, and the Delmarva area. You can request a quote today! If you have questions or concerns, call us at 302-436-9520 or send us an email at email@example.com. For updates and ideas, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.